- Public Opening Hours – Mon - Fri from 9.30am to 1pm.
- Telephone Inquires - Mon - Fri from 2.30pm to 5.00pm.
- No prior appointments - First come first served basis.
- All original documents must be submitted along with photocopies.
- Fees - ONLY CASH at the Consular Counters.
- Click here to view the High Commission Holidays
Fees charged by this High Commission
- Passport in lieu of current passport (when the applicant submits M, N series passport) £100/-
- Passport in lieu of expired passport (when the applicant submits J, K, L series passport) £235/-
- In lieu of Lost/Damaged - without previous passport copy subject to verification of previous records from Colombo - £300/-
- Passport in lieu of lost (M, N series only) passports (when the applicant submits the a copy of the data page) £235/-
- Passport in lieu of damaged passports £235/-
- Non Machine Readable Passports (NMRP) - £ 35/-
- NMRP in lieu of lost passport - £ 100/-
- Emergency Passports (Travel paper to return to Sri Lanka) - £ 45/-
- Same day service charge for NMRP's - £ 25/-
- Renewal of passport - £ 5/- per year
- All countries added - £ 30/-
- Alterations /Amendments and other Endorsements - £15/- per document ( Normal Service )
- Same day service charge for Alterations - £ 15/-
REGISTRATION OF BIRTH
- Registration under the Consular Act & the issuance of the Birth Certificates - £ 15/-
- Registration under the Citizenship Act & the issuance of Citizenship Certificates - £ 30/-
- Surcharges if the birth is not registered within one year - £ 5/- per year
REGISTRATION OF MARRIAGE
- Notice of Marriage - £ 30.00
- Registration of Marriage - £ 30.00
REGISTRATION OF DEATH
- Registration of Death and issuance of Death Certificates - £ 15/-
- Issue of additional copies of Birth Certificates / Death Certificates - £ 10/-
- Translation of Certificates- Normal Service - £ 25/- Express Service – additional £15/- per document
- Issue of additional copy of a Translation - £ 10/-
- Legalisation of documents - Normal Service £ 15/- Same day Service - additional £15/- per document
- Power of Attorney - £ 15/-
- Issue of Confirmation letter - £ 15/-
- Certification of documents - £ 15/-
- Police Clearance Certificate - £ 15/-
Please Note - Normal Service : Within 14 working days.
Express Service : Within 05 working days.
- For passport in UK (Next Day delivery) - £ 8/-
- Other Countries from - £ 10/-
- Other Certificates (registered post) - £ 3/-
Payment should be made in cash, at the counter or by postal orders / bank draft written in favour of the "Sri Lanka High Commission - London" sent by post. Personal cheques and credit cards are not accepted.