TRANSLATION OF BIRTH/MARRIAGE CERTIFICATES
TRANSLATION OF CERTIFICATES
- Public Opening Hours – Monday - Friday from 9.30am to 1pm.
- Telephone Inquires - Monday - Friday from 2.30pm to 5.00pm.
- No prior appointments - First come first served basis.
- All original documents must be submitted along with photocopies.
- Fees - ONLY CASH at the Consular Counters.
- Click here to view the High Commission Holidays
TRANSLATION OF CERTIFICATES
For the purpose of Translations & Certification of documents, you are required to submit the original documents authenticated by the Consular Division of Ministry of External Affairs, Sri Lanka. (Photocopies /scanned or tampered documents will not be accepted)
Please note that the documents without the authentication of the Ministry of External Affairs will not be accepted for these purposes.
- -Normal Service - £25/- per certificate within 10 working days
- -Express Service – Additional £15/- per certificate within 05 working days
- -Issue of additional copy of a Translation - £10/-
- -Application forms can be obtained from the Consular Division of this Mission between 9.30 a.m. to 1.00p.m.
- -By sending a self addressed, stamped envelope (9`x6`) with a request letter
- -Download Full application form or view all related forms and documents required from our web site : www.srilankahighcommission.co.uk
- - Payment should be made in cash at the counter if the application is submitted in person. Postal Order/Bank Drafts written in favour of the “Sri Lanka High Commission” if sent by post.
- - Personal cheques or Debit/Credit cards will not be accepted.
- - All original documents will be returned after perusal.
- - If the certificates and documents are to be returned by post, you should provide a self- addressed prepaid specials delivery envelope to the weight of 500g along with your application. The special delivery cover should not be stamped with a postage printout issued by the post office for same day post. Applications sent without prepaid special delivery cover/ or postage will be retained at this Mission until the applicant collects it personally.
Note: The High Commission will not take any responsibility for documents lost in the post.
If the applicant is unable to come personally to this High Commission to collect the Certificates/documents, he/she may authorise another person, in writing. The person who comes for collection of documents should produce his/her identity and the original receipt issued by this High Commission.
IMPORTANT: SUBMITTION OF FORGES OR SCANNED BRITISH DOCUMENTS AND MAKING FALSE DECLARATIONS RELATING TO THE CITIZNSHIP STATUS IS AN OFFENCE. SUCH CASES WILL BE REPORTED TO THE RELEVANT AUTHORITIES AND PAYMENTS WILL NOT BE REFUNDED.
Forms to be downloaded as necessary