Visa for Media personnel: Journalists, Photojournalists & Film Crew
VISA FOR MEDIA PERSONNEL: JOURNALISTS, PHOTOJOURNALISTS & FILM CREW
- Public Opening Hours – Mon - Fri from 9.30am to 1pm.
- Telephone Inquires - Mon - Fri from 2.30pm to 5.00pm.
- No prior appointments - First come first served basis.
- All original documents must be submitted along with photocopies.
- Fees - ONLY CASH at the Consular Counters.
- Click here to view the High Commission Holidays
The High Commission requires prior approval from the Ministry of External Affairs in Sri Lanka to issue visa under this category and therefore applications should be made at least 2 weeks in advance.
- A request letter addressed to the High Commission giving details of the planned synopsis of the film, duration, locations, the names and passport details of the media personnel visiting Sri Lanka.
- It is mandatory for those filming in Sri Lanka to sign the 'Condition for Filming Agreement' which could be obtained from this High Commission and forwarded with the request letter and the synopsis of the film.
- All media personnel are required to hold a carnet for the media equipment taken into the country. The carnet should be need to be submitted to the authorities in Sri Lanka to take the media equipment in to Sri Lanka.
- For filming in wildlife-protected areas, prior approval from the Department of Wildlife conservation should be obtained. Web address: www.dwlc.lk.
On receipt of the approval from the Sri Lankan authorities, the High Commission will issue visa once the applicant submits the documents mentioned under 'REQUIREMENTS' to the consular division of the High Commission.